Search This Blog

Friday 27 April 2012

I am still Hot, now it just comes in flashes.

The first time I actually felt too warm (for no reason) was in my late 30s and you know, it was kinda nice. I had froze my way through my twenties, my feet were like ice cubes, my hands were always cold. When I would shake someone's hand, they often commented  "cold hands, warm heart". By the time I was forty and had received the 'gifts of menopause'( hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, mood swings) I had kissed my chilly past-Good Bye.
I tried acupuncture for the first time, two years ago, desperate for anything that would help my symptoms. After a interview, I had a clear understanding of what to expect. The clinic is like a spa. You begin by lying face down on a massage table, a scented oil is placed below your nose. A heat lamp is directed toward your bare feet, the lights are dimmed and the music is soft. (That alone is enough for a second visit). The needles are placed according to your needs and you are left to 'simmer' for a time.  The whole procedure is about an hour. I went for three visits and felt considerable better, this lasted for about four months. When I start to feel warm again I make an another appointment, four times a year-three visits each appointment, works for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment