Search This Blog

Sunday 11 August 2013

Sheltered Harbour Cafe - lunch review

Sheltered Harbour Cafe on Urbanspoon

A family friendly restaurant in Souris, PEI, with a nice selection to choose from plus some different but tasty alternatives. With lots of seats and even a terrace to enjoy the view, Sheltered Harbour Cafe is plenty busy.

 I had an American Thanksgiving wrap, it sounded so good I just had to try it. They warmed a whole wheat tortilla (on request) and fill it with house roasted chicken, stuffing and cranberry. I ordered a side of home made gravy and dipped  my sandwich into it before each bite. It was very good, not for those watching their waist line but a nice change from the Delicious Island seafood. Served with two sides, I choose homemade beans which should always be the choice, if offered and PEI mashed potatoes - Yum.  This is comfort food at it's best and on route to the 'singing sands' a lovely detour. 3 1/2 mmm's out of 5

2 comments: