Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Where to go for pintxos ( tapas) while in San Sebastian/Donostia





I had high expectation of the Pintxos/tapas when heading to San Sebastian! I love to eat, love to cook and had heard this place is one of the best for food lovers. When I arrived I was shocked by how many places offered pintxos, almost every where you walked in the old town had small bars offering them, it's truly overwhelming!! So to save you from the same fate...here are My Favorite Pintxos and also a terrific bar to have drinks. *I recommend trying just a few pintxos at each place and returning to have more if you are still hungry.

The most artistic pintxos with unbelievable selection would be Zeruko located on Pescaderia. Make sure to ask to try one, if not both, of the house specials. We had the white cod-Bacalao served over charcoal that you heat yourself,  it is both impressive and delicious. I loved the egg, shrimp and cheese pintxos. The cod that had a dollop of white creme and was my husband's favorite. Also try the dessert, Bob Limon, it's strange! I won't ruin the surprise of that one.

Next, visit Gandarias for their Solo mio beef, on de Agosto. People raved about this dish, it was the only tapas I tried at this bar since I was trying to pace myself.

Then try La Cuchara de San Telmo, Calle 31 de  Agosto, just slightly off the same street as Gandarias and ask for their foie gras - yummy!!.

Make sure you save room for dessert at La Vina because this is the Best Cheese Cake  you will ever have in your entire life...really it's that good!! It's located on the same street as Gandarias.

Next and my Favorite would be Bar Borda-Berri on fermin Calbeton. I adored the octopus, found the veal cheeks to be outstanding and truly enjoyed the mushroom  risotto, ( the ribs were very tasty too). This place is by far the the Best of the Best and you should 'EAT YOUR FILL' here. Visit for supper, it's small, packed and worth ever minute it may take you to get served.  For wine while you are sampling enjoy the house wine, it's very good.

Then sit yourself down and watch a  master piece being  prepared in front of your eyes, the mojito or gin and tonics were Superb at pub Arkaitzpe located on Kale Nagusia
.
I enjoyed the search for My Favorite Pintxos!!  #pintxos#tapas



No comments:

Post a Comment