Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Greek Corner Restaurant - dinner review

Greek Corner Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Greek Corner restaurant is a comfortable, home-y place to eat where the food and prices are sure to having you coming back for more! We started with an egg-lemon soup with rice and chicken, it is very thick and has a wonderful soft citrus finish.  Following we had the Saganaki - a Greek cheese that is topped with sambuca and lemon and then set on fire.  Entertaining? I think so. The combination of flavors made this a truly wonderful appetizer.

I had the most incredible Gyro, the Traditional, the same one that Guy from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives had tried.  The Traditional is a combination of seasoned ground beef and lamb that is covered in an absolutely mouth watering, lemon flavoured tsatziki (cucumber & yogurt) sauce. Piled into in a warm pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, parsley and the fantastic sauce, it is so unbelievably good!  I raved the whole time I was eating it and I would honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever eaten.

I enjoyed the meal so much that I went back the next day and tried yet another of their gyros, the Corner Special; it was awesome, too.  For $6.50 you can have a gyro with a ridiculous amount of meat, a true bargain.

No surprise that the sun was shining on the restaurant as this picture was taken, it truly is a heavenly experience.   5 mmm's out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment