Search This Blog

Monday 11 March 2013

Reservoir -dinner review

Reservoir on Urbanspoon

I have not been this excited about a restaurant in a while, this place is unbelievable! I had wanted to visit Reservoir for the Sunday brunch for some time because of it's great reviews but I just never seem to make it there. I was able to visit Sunday night for supper with my family and I am very Happy I did. The location is great, it is very comfortable and inviting. There are two floors and the windows on the lower level open up in the summer, one of my favourite features of a Montreal restaurant. Reservoir is a brasserie that makes their own beer on the premises, you get a look at some of the huge tanks on the main floor. I sampled a nice pint of Indiana pale ale, it was very fruity and Delicious. Always a good start!

The menu is written on a chalk board with the day written on top so I am guessing that the menu changes daily. There were three in my group and each ordered something different. I had beef tartare with french fries and greens, fish and chip were ordered as well as parsley soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. A nice variety. As we began our meal, each of us started to rave about the food and insisted that the others try it. My tartare was succulent! The portion was huge and the seasoning was fantastic, the hand cut french fries, served with a side of mayo, were delicious and the peppery flavour of the greens compliments the beef perfectly.

The fish had a nice light batter and their home made tartar sauce was extremely tasty. I then tried the soup, Really? How could a parsley soup be that good? Both creamy and sweet with sliced apples on top and the grilled cheese sandwich is in a league of it's own. The Caramelised onions and cheddar cheese are unbelievable together, I am craving it as I type. A true Foodies Heaven!
5 mmm's out of 5 and if I could give it more, I would. It's that Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment