Search This Blog

Saturday 9 March 2013

Pineapple Trifle, a happy mistake!



A short time ago I posted 'Common cooking mistakes',  yesterday, I made one of them! * Read you recipe completely before you Begin*. I DID NOT drain my crushed ( fresh) pineapple and my muffins fell apart as they were taken out of the tin. My husband suggested adding whipped cream and then came the idea "I can make a trifle"  I purchased devon custard (you could make your own) or use pudding and put  3 scoops into the bottom of a wine glass. I then added some broken Pineapple, Carrot Muffin followed by some fresh (or canned) pineapple chunks. Next was a layer of whipping cream, followed by more muffin pieces, fresh pineapple and a nice dollop of whipping cream on top. Very Tasty and easy to assemble. You can freeze the left over muffin pieces or make the trifle in a glass bowl and use them all. Either way, it ended up being a delicious mistake!


Pineapple, carrot muffins
Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil or 2/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
Directions:

Stir together sugar and oil.
Stir in the eggs until well combined.
Stir in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.y
Stir into sugar mixture just until combined.
Stir in carrots and pineapple just until combined.
Spoon into greased muffin tin, filling to top.
Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes or until done.
Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment