Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 April 2015

A Tavola, Winchester, Mass

A Tavola on Urbanspoon

This was my first visit to A Tavola ( I have been to the chef''s other restaurant) I want to say I love it, I really do, mostly because I like the chef and his staff. The truth is, it's average.

It was packed when we arrived and at that point I had no idea that the menu was prepared by the same person. A busy restaurant is a good sign, the vibe was great! We shared an antipasto, that did have an excellent homemade ricotta, a variety of cured meats and olives. I then had the evening special, a white fish with shrimp. The smell and the taste of the shrimp were over whelming, making the entire dish less than appealing.

We finished with 4 homemade donuts with 3 different dipping sauces, they were good but nothing special.  Atmosphere and great service can make an evening but for me, it's all about the food.
3 mmm's out of 5

A Tavola Dining Room

No comments:

Post a Comment