Ingredients for Cheddar Beer Bread:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces beer
Preparation of Cheddar Beer Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the beer) until well mixed.
- Add beer a quarter at a time until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 4x8 inch loaf pan and smooth down with fork.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm with soup or stew.