Search This Blog

Friday 24 August 2012

Fred's Restaurant and lounge, Cap Pele, New Brunswick - lunch review

Fred's Clams are a house specialty that are well know in and around the community. I travel to Fred's once a year and if I lived closer, I would camp out on their door step. The clams are that Good!

Fred's Restaurant and Lounge on Urbanspoon
Cap Pele is a small Acadian town with a rich history and friendly people who know how to cook great seafood. I have been eating clams at Fred's for over 25 years and they have never disappointed me. The clam plate is Huge and can be shared easily. It is possible to order just clams or have a combination plate of clams and fish. But the clam plate served with French fries, coleslaw and a side of gravy for your fries, is the way to go. The clams are a nice size, not too big and perfectly seasoned and battered before they are deep fried. There is a sit down restaurant or a take out window. 3 1/2 mmm's out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment