Search This Blog

Monday 1 December 2014

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies





 I had heard that Bob's Red Mill all purpose Gluten free flour was really good and could be substituted for regular flour. I found it on sale, Thank Goodness because Gluten free food is expensive!
True to myself, I did not read the instructions on Bob's flour and just made my recipe substituting Bob's flour for mine. The cookies are a bit flat but they taste really good, Just like the regular recipe, well I thought so but my husband was not a fan. I would suggest one of three things 1) Add the quanity of xanthan gum listed on the back of Bob's flour package 2) Try putting your batter in the fridge for 20 plus minutes before baking 3) Eat flat cookie that taste good. I went for number 3. Enjoy!!

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

1/3 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup White sugar
1/2 cup Peanut butter ( smooth or crunchy)
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup Bob's all purpose Gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
sugar for coating

Cream shortening and sugars.Add peanut butter and mix. Add egg and then dry ingredients. Roll into balls and roll in sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet. press down slightly with fork. Bake 350 for 10 - 12 mins until lightly brown. Makes 3 dozen small cookies or 1 1/2 dozen large cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment